Friday, November 12, 2010

Being Special: A Children's Story



I have a truck.  It is a very special truck.  My truck is almost 20 years old!  My truck is special because it is very old.

I have a very old truck.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has rust holes all over it, including in the floor!  My truck is special because it is covered in rust.

I have a very old, rusty truck.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has a left turn signal which won't turn off by itself.  My truck is special because I have to turn the left turn signal off myself.

I have a very old, rusty truck with a broken turn signal.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has a radio which you have to push really hard in order for the buttons to work.  My truck is special because the radio is very hard to use.

I have a very old, rusty truck, with a broken turn signal and a radio that is hard to use.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has a pin in the door that sometimes falls out in the winter and needs to be slammed really hard for the door to shut all the way.  My truck is special because the door sometimes falls off and is hard to close.

I have a very old, rusty truck, with a broken turn signal, a radio that is hard to use and a door that sometimes falls off and is hard to shut.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has windshield wiper fluid, but it is broken so I can't clean my windshield anymore.  My truck is special because my windshield is always dirty.

I have a very old, rusty truck, with a broken turn signal, a radio that is hard to use, a door that sometimes falls off and is hard to shut, and a windshield that is always dirty.  It is a very special truck.  My truck has a tailgate that has a latch that is broken.  My truck is special because sometimes I can't close my tailgate.

I have a very old, rusty truck, with a broken turn signal, a radio that is hard to use, a door that sometimes falls off and is hard to shut, a windshield that is always dirty and sometimes I can't close my tailgate.  It is a very special truck.  My truck leaks oil on the ground so I can't park in peoples driveways.  My truck is special because it leaves oily messes everywhere I go.

I have a very old, rusty truck, with a broken turn signal, a radio that is hard to use, a door that sometimes falls off and is hard to shut, a windshield that is always dirty, sometimes I can't close my tailgate and I leave oily messes everywhere I go. My truck is very special.

Sometimes, being special really sucks!



3 comments:

Jim Austin said...

Your truck is special because you don't have to lock it either. Your truck is special because no one wants to steal it..

Emily said...

Haha! So true!

Jason Austin said...

what's doubly funny about that and I forgot to mention that one. The locks are so stiff that I can't unlock them without fear of breaking off the key. So I never do lock it!

But funny. You are right, nobody would steal it for sure. :)

Post a Comment